Episode 25 - How to Get Product Reviews on Amazon with Jesse Chembars
REVIEWS ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF BUILDING YOUR BRAND
The Amazon landscape changes rapidly, so it is imperative that we revisit the most important issues that your brand will be facing. Product reviews are a vital part of growing your brand on Amazon, but they are very difficult to get. Due to Amazon’s policy changes, there are fewer methods to incentivize consumers to write reviews, but that does not mean there are no creative strategies left at your disposal. Today, we are talking with Jesse Chembars about how brands can encourage their customers to leave a meaningful review and why those five stars hold so much power. Something magical happens to our willingness to purchase a product when we see it is highly reviewed. If your brand wants to be successful, then you have to have the reviews to back up your claims.
Ultimately, more promotion will lead to more sales and then to more reviews. Jesse is going to share his favorite promotional methods to use with existing social media and email networks. We will also discuss the power and pitfalls of the post-purchase email, and creative ways to ask your customers for reviews. On the vendor platform, Amazon now offers the Vine program, which is a viable option if you have the budget. Otherwise, Jesse thinks it is a good idea to look into Amazon’s Early Review program. Your brand most definitely has options when it comes to customer reviews, and with a little creative problem solving, you are well on your way to five stars.
- Why both product and seller reviews are incredibly important for visibility.
- How reviews impact customer behavior.
- Reviews impact our behavior on Amazon and in brick-and-mortar stores.
- Amazon scans reviews for keywords.
- Social media is an incredible tool for garnering reviews.
- Use the post-purchase emails.
- Get a grasp on your types of customers.
- Jesse’s suggestions for creative ways to ask for reviews.
- There is such a thing as “too many touches.”
- Learn all about the Early Review program.
- Paid product review services are no longer in existence, but the early review program is a similar option.
- How Amazon Vine for vendors is pricey but worth it.
- Let’s talk loopholes.
- Reviews will only grow more important.
- Amazon might be paring down their post-purchase email sequences.
- Our best practices for promotional reviews.
- Ultimately, you are looking for engagement on your product page.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE