Episode 18 - How to Improve Your Product’s Amazon ranking
Understanding how the A9 search system works
Optimizing Amazon Rankings is essential to the success of your brand. One year ago, Bobsled published an article that outlined how we have analyzed the ranking algorithm and what resources brands can use to optimize their rankings. Even a year later, this article is still incredibly helpful for your brand. Today, we are reviewing the article, and then discussing which sections are still most relevant to you as you edit your listings.
The key idea is to understand how the A9 search system works. Overall, Amazon is keeping customer happiness and customer accessibility in mind. Because that is Amazon’s priority, A9 ranks listings based off of customer reviews, relevant search terms, and customer-friendly listings. You can optimize your listing using our strategies to make your product easy to find on A9.
It is incredible that most of the information in our article is still relevant in 2018. Julie and Kiri will walk you through some of the slight changes, as well as their best practices for your brand going forward. As always, keeping your listings relevant and up-to-date is the most important.
- You want to be able to fine-tune your A9 listings.
- There is no way to predict A9 changes in the future.
- Leverage all the available options to make your product findable.
- Learn what helps findability, and what doesn’t.
- Optimize your listing with pricing and discounts.
- Pay attention to the quality and quantity of your reviews.
- Say goodbye to incentivized reviews.
- Indexing is now limited to only 250 characters.
- The content of reviews can make your products findable as well.
- Make sure that customer search terms are relevant to your product.
- How often you need to be updating your listings.
Mentioned in this Episode