Episode 23 - Launch Products on Amazon by Leveraging Your Brand
Take advantage of Amazon's features for product launches
Your brand has a wonderful new product, and now you need you have a successful product launch. Brands new to Amazon might be tempted to only launch on their own website platform, but they would be remiss to overlook the opportunities Amazon provides for a product launch. That being said, brands cannot be tempted to simply set and forget about their new product listings. Here at Bobsled, we know how important it is to have a dedicated team to take advantage of Amazon’s features for new product launches. With advances made to storefront analytics, the power of the A9 algorithm, and your own organic reach, your brand will have a successful new product launch. It all comes down to your intentions and your team.
Today, we are going to dive into the topic of product launches with the help of our guest expert, Jesse Chembars. Jesse has worked with Bobsled to help brands launch on Amazon, whether for the first time or to transfer from other ecommerce sites. Jesse is our resident product launch expert, and he has seen firsthand how launching on Amazon has absolutely transformed brands bottom lines. Jesse and Julie will address many concerns that brands are up against when deciding to work with Amazon for their launch. Fortunately for brands, their own existing organic reach and social media campaigns can work alongside Amazon to boost ratings, gain visibility, and ultimately, turn a profit.
Amazon, the ever-changing giant, is too powerful a tool to ignore when it comes to product launches. Jesse is going to show you today how you can get started for your next new product.
- Jesse shares his background and why he is so fascinated with what is new and interesting on Amazon.
- There is a steep learning curve for Amazon, so that’s why brands need someone like Jesse on their team.
- Make sure you have a great product.
- Changes to rules, fees, and terms happen quickly. Make sure there is someone dedicated to watching out for them.
- It is important to stay on top of the A9 algorithm.
- Why are brands resistant to launching on Amazon?
- Brands worry about the cannibalization of their own websites.
- Jesse shares an example of how a few thousand followers can be leveraged for 2-week sales.
- Coupons are traceable for your own analytics!
- Great news: storefronts now have even better analytics.
- What happens when a brand does not launch while promoting on Amazon.
- Leverage Amazon’s fulfillment options and MCF when it comes to inventory.
- It is up to the brand to understand their organic reach.
Mentioned in this Episode