Episode 1 - The Key To Direct Mail Success With Larry Kavanagh
SEASON 2 IS FINALLY HERE AND IT COMES WITH A GIVEAWAY
Exciting news! Season 2 of the Ecommerce Braintrust Podcast just arrived. Today’s episode features Larry Kavanagh, CEO of Navistone and an industry expert on internet marketing for mid-market e-commerce companies. Kiri and Julie met Larry last month at the annual CohereOne Summit in Chicago. CohereOne is a catalog and integrated media conference where Larry Kavanagh was a featured keynote speaker.
Larry is considered to be an industry expert at blending online and offline data to increase marketing effectiveness. DMinSite, an ecommerce platform company he founded, made the INC 500 list without venture or private equity funding.
Julie attended Larry’s session at CohereOne and discovered the fact that direct mailing is continuing to be a very successful marketing tool if the correct audience is targeted.
- Navistone is a retargeting platform that allows you to direct mail those who visit your website.
- Direct mailing is seeing a lot less competition in the mailbox mainly due to costs.
- Direct mail has a success rate with millennials because they don’t have the junk mail others may have.
- There is a movement for millennials to reduce screen time, so catalogs really work.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond is the largest user of direct mail campaigns; over 1 billion pieces of mail.
- Amazon is discussing sending a toy catalog out this fall to fill the gap created by Toys R Us.
- There are 3 components of direct mail: audience, creative and offer.
- Retailers who have both a catalog and a website experience price discrepancies between the two.
- Direct mail works best with considered purchases, or items you may have already considered buying.
- If you have the wrong audience with direct mail, you will waste money.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE